Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
Chapa-De wants to keep you healthy and informed!
What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a type of virus that cause a range of illnesses. Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, is a respiratory illness that was first found in humans in 2019. It is not the same as the common cold or flu. Possible symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Difficulty breathing
About 80% of people who get COVID-19 recover without needing special treatment. However, COVID-19 is easily transmitted between people. Some people are at a higher risk of developing severe symptoms.
Who is at Risk? How Can I Protect Myself?
Older persons and persons with pre-existing medical conditions are at a higher risk of developing more serious illnesses from COVID-19. Pre-existing conditions include:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Lung Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Taking Immunosuppressive Medications
There is not yet a vaccine or treatment for COVID-19. Here are some simple steps you can take to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses including flu and coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash your hands often with liquid soap and water, rubbing for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands)
- Stay home as much as possible, except for essential activities
- Cover your face with a cloth face coverings – such as a bandanna, scarf or homemade cloth cover when you do leave your home
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (light switches, doorknobs, etc.
Do I Need to Get Tested?
Testing for COVID-19 is not necessary for most people. People with mild symptoms or who are getting better do not need to be tested. There is no approved medication to treat COVID-19 – so treatment does not change for those who test positive. We do recommend testing for those who are most at risk of complications.
Please click HERE for information on what you should do if you become sick.
If you are a Chapa-De Medical Patient and become concerned about your symptoms please call us so we can advise if you should stay home or come in for an appointment. If symptoms are life threatening call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency department.
How Chapa-De is Helping
To protect the health of all, patients are screened for symptoms and COVID-19 exposure when they call to schedule an appointment. All patients and visitors to our health centers are also screened at the door once they arrive at our health centers. Anyone with key symptoms will be given special instructions.
We are also providing drive thru COVID-19 testing for high risk patients who have been screened over the phone by our Triage team – this means a medical team will meet patients who need to be tested at their car outside our health center. By providing this care outside, we make care more convenient for these patients and reduce the risk of spreading illness to other patients and staff.
- We have suspended all non-urgent and non-emergency dental care and optometry visits.
- Monthly Diabetes groups and classes have been cancelled
- Smoking -cessation groups have been cancelled, and patients are encouraged to call 1-800-NO-BUTTS for extra support
- Telemedicine (video and phone) visits will be offered when possible for Medical & Behavioral Health visits
- Self-check-in kiosks have been turned off to limit commonly touched surfaces
Established patients in our Medical Department who need to be seen and have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu like symptoms, should call ahead for an appointment and further instructions. For Auburn call (530) 887-2800 or for Grass Valley call (530) 477-8545.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley