Meet Our Providers
Our Optometry providers are listed below. To view a full list of all Chapa-De care providers, please click here.
Laura Massari, ABOC
Tochuku Nkadi, OD, MS
Overview Of Available Services
Our optometry department is located in our Auburn health center and offers recommended eye exams for everyone in your family, starting with children as young as 4 years old. People over 60 or who have diabetes should have annual eye exams to check for preventable or treatable causes of blindness.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive Eye Health and Vision Examinations
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases and Vision Disorders
- Detection of General Health Problems
- Prescribing Glasses, Contact Lenses, and Medication
- Performing Minor Surgical Procedures
We also counsel patients regarding surgical options and vision needs as related to their occupation and lifestyle.
Our optician will also assist you in selecting frames for your glasses, ordering the lenses, and adjusting your glasses.
How To Schedule An Appointment
We see patients by appointment for eye examinations. You do not need an appointment to see the optician for frame selection, repairs, or adjustments. We do our best to accommodate patients who need a same-day appointment for an eye emergency. To schedule an appointment, please call (530) 887-2810.
Preparing For Your Visit
All new patients must register before their first appointment, please see How to Register. New patients should arrive at the reception desk 30 minutes before your first appointment to complete the new patient registration process. Established patients should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
You will need to bring the following items to all of your appointments:
- Photo ID
- All insurance cards (Medi-Cal, Medicare or other medical, prescription or dental insurance).
- A list of medication you are taking or bring the medications with you.
- The patient services representative making your appointment will also inform you of any records or information you need to bring with you.
Cancellation, Late & No-Show Information
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please call us. When patients do not cancel their appointment, they deny other patients the opportunity to book that visit. We keep track of the number of “no-show” appointments a patient accumulates and patients who repeatedly miss their appointments may lose the privilege of making appointments at our community health centers.