Important Prenatal Care Contacts
Chapa-De wants to ensure your experience as an expectant mother is as comfortable and convenient as possible. Feel free to contact us and our partners for more information.
Prenatal Care: Chapa-De Indian Health
Appointments: (530) 887-2810
Baby Luv Coordinator: (530) 863-4681
Delivery Hospital: Mercy San Juan Medical Center
Main Hospital: (916) 537-5000
Labor & Delivery: (916) 537-5033
Delivery Team: Camelia Women’s Health
Overview Of Available Services
Chapa-De provides prenatal health services at both our Auburn and Grass Valley Health Centers. In addition to regular appointments with your doctor, our Baby Luv Program helps women get the education and services needed for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
- Check-ups at Chapa-De once a month or more until your 34th week, where you will then start having weekly appointments with Camelia Women’s Health who will deliver your baby at Mercy San Juan Medical Center
- Tests to check your health and the health of your baby
- Classes and one-on-one information about pregnancy, child birth, baby care and breastfeeding
- Referral to community agencies that can provide additional help and services
- Information about where to go for financial help, health insurance like Medi-Cal or food programs like WIC or local food banks
- Help with cutting down or quitting smoking, drinking or using drugs
- Help eating healthy foods while you are pregnant
- Counseling on problems or family issues you may have
- Postpartum care to assure that you recover well after the baby is born
- Newborn care to assure your baby a healthy start in life
- Future family planning
We are here to help! There are many kinds of people who may help you during your pregnancy: doctors, nurse midwives, nurses, health educators, community health workers, social workers, nutritionists, job counselors, Medi-Cal workers and family planning counselors. The highly trained and caring staff at Chapa-De supports mothers through every step of their pregnancy and beyond.
Start Earning Incentive Points for Baby Products
Chapa-De prenatal patients participating in the Baby Luv Program receive incentive points for completing regular pregnancy appointments and educational classes. These incentive points can be used in our Baby Luv store for baby clothing, blankets, monitors, boppy nursing pillows and much more.
How To Schedule An Appointment
We want to make your experience at our Health Centers as comfortable and convenient as possible. For optimal health for both you and you your baby, please call for an appointment as soon as you know you are pregnant.
To schedule a prenatal care appointment call 530-887-2810 for our Auburn Health Center or 530-477-1727 for our Grass Valley Health Center.
We have same-day appointments that are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you would like to schedule a same-day appointment we recommend you call us as soon as we open at 8 a.m.
In some instances, we will re-direct patients with urgent problems to the local emergency room or urgent care center. It is best to call us and see if we can accommodate your urgent need prior to coming into our community health centers. However, if you think you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
Preparing For Your Visit
All new patients must register before their first appointment, please see How to Register. New patients should arrive at the reception desk 30 minutes before your first appointment to complete the new patient registration process. Established patients should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
You will need to bring the following items to all of your appointments:
- Photo ID
- All insurance cards (Medi-Cal, Medicare or other medical, prescription or dental insurance).
- A list of medication you are taking or bring the medications with you.
- The patient services representative making your appointment will also inform you of any records or information you need to bring with you.
- When bringing children in for immunization, always bring their immunization record with you.
Cancellation, Late & No-Show Information
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please call us. When patients do not cancel their appointment, they deny other patients the opportunity to book that visit.