Scholarship Opportunities for American Indian Students
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
One of the biggest barriers to education is cost. Colleges and trade schools can be very pricey. But there are options available! Scholarships and grants are great tools for financial aid. They can help cover the cost of tuition and fees for higher education. Chapa-De offers the April Moore Memorial Scholarship to local American Indian/Alaska Native students. Many other organizations offer a variety of scholarships as well.
April Moore Memorial Scholarship
The April Moore Memorial Scholarship is now open! Applications are being accepted for the 2022-2023 school year. This scholarship is run by Chapa-De Indian Health. It is in honor of April Moore. April served on the Chapa-De Board of Directors for 26 years. She dedicated her life to advancing the lives of AIAN people. The annual scholarship awards $1,000 to a local AIAN student. The student must be attending or planning to attend college or a technical, trade, or vocational school.
For more details and the application form, click HERE.
The American Indian College Fund
The American Indian College Fund is a charity that supports Native student access to higher education. They offer chances for financial aid. They also provide various support and tools for success for current students.
They are a great resource for finding scholarships for AIAN students from other organizations as well.
Learn more about the American Indian College Fund HERE.
Explore the scholarship opportunities HERE.
American Indian Education Fund
American Indian Education Fund is a part of Partnership with Native Americans (PWNA). PNWA is a nonprofit organization that offers a wide range of services. They work hard to support the needs of individuals and communities. American Indian Education Fund offers a variety of scholarships and services. They are designed to promote the success of AIAN students. They offer scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate level students.
To find out more about American Indian Education Fund, click HERE.
Learn more about the scholarships HERE.
- The Bureau of Indian Education Higher Education Grant Program: Scholarship Information Packet
- Association on American Indian Affairs Scholarships
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) American Indian Scholarships
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society Scholarship Programs
- New Mexico Indian Resources Development Program
- All Nations Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP)
- The Gates Scholarship
- Pacific Dental Services Foundation Dental Assistant Scholarships
- National Health Services Corps Scholarships
- Indian Health Service Scholarship Programs
- American Dental Education Association
- Also ask the school/program you plan to attend about Native American funding
For more information about Chapa-De and our available healthcare services, please call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members