How to Manage Your Weight
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
Here at Chapa-De we want to help our patients lead healthy lifestyles. That includes offering education and resources about weight management.
Why Weight Management is Important
People who are overweight or obese are at a higher risk of certain health conditions, compared to those at a healthy weight. These health conditions include:
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- And more
Research has shown that people of any age with obesity are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Learn more HERE.
How to Manage Your Weight
Weight Management can be very difficult. There are a number of ways to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Some of these ways are:
- Eating healthier
- Increased physical activity
- Better managing stress
- Certain FDA-approved medicines
- Surgeries, in some cases
Weight Management at Chapa-De
Chapa-De has many resources that can help you to achieve your health and weight goals. As a patient at Chapa-De, you can get support from your Medical Provider, Behavioral Health Team and Lifestyle Coaches specializing in nutrition and physical activity.
- One of our Lifestyle Coaches is a Certified Personal Trainer and he can work with you and your medical provider to build an exercise program that is appropriate for your fitness/ability level – watch Workout from home with Jay.
- Another Lifestyle Coach can help you with individual appointments as well as preparing healthy meals – watch Breakfast with Margreet.
- We also have a robust behavioral health team who can support you, this is especially beneficial if your weight challenges are tied to stress, trauma or other emotional factors.
- Chapa-De’s weekly Weight Loss Support Group is another free resource where you can connect with, learn from and get support from others who are experiencing similar challenges.
All groups and classes are currently being offered virtually through Zoom (online video meetings). This is to protect the health and safety of patients and staff during the ongoing COIVD-19 outbreak.
Learn more about these services HERE.
For more information, call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley