April Moore Scholarship 2023
Attention American Indian Students: Apply Now
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
Chapa-De Indian Health is very proud to recognize and support bright individuals of American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage on their educational journeys. One way that we do this is through our annual April Moore Memorial Scholarship Program.
April Moore served 26 years as a Board Member and Chair of Chapa-De Indian Health before passing away in 2015. She spent her life working to advance the American Indian Community and helped make Chapa-De a robust native directed healthcare system that delivers high quality and compassionate care to over 20,000 active patients.
April Moore’s memory lives on through Chapa-De’s April Moore Memorial Scholarship Program, which awards $1,000.00 to outstanding American Indian students who are attending or planning to attend college or a technical, trade, or vocational school.
The April Moore Memorial Scholarship is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year!
This scholarship is open to students in or from:
- Placer County
- Nevada County
- Sierra County
- Sacramento County
- El Dorado County
The Chapa-De Board of Directors selects at least one new recipient each spring. Applicants are encouraged to re-apply for each year they meet the qualifications.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be American Indian/Alaskan Native; for the purpose of this scholarship, this is defined as being eligible for services at Indian Health Service (IHS) Clinics
- Plan to pursue vocational training or a college degree
- Have attended school in Placer, Nevada, Sierra, Sacramento or El Dorado Counties
- Submit all required application materials by February 28th
Application Submission Requirements:
- April Moore Memorial Scholarship Application Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official school transcript(s) – High School and Post-Secondary if applicable
- Proof of AI/AN heritage
Selection Process & Award Requirements:
- Chapa-De’s Board of Directors will select at least one winning applicant each year
- Selected scholarship recipient(s) will be notified in May
- Proof of school enrollment must be submitted before receiving the scholarship funds
- An alternate scholar will be chosen if the original scholarship recipient is unable to fulfill the scholarship conditions
To view the scholarship application, click HERE.
For more information about Chapa-De, call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members