April Moore Memorial Scholarship
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
The COVID-19 pandemic has further highlighted the importance of the heroes serving in the healthcare field. Especially those that work in underserved areas. One of Chapa-De’s healthcare heroes was April Moore.
April Moore served on the Board of Directors of Chapa-De Indian Health for 26 years. She served as Board President for several of those years. April dedicated her life to advancing American Indian people. She worked to ensure that Chapa-De offered high-quality healthcare to native and low-income community members. Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to offer the April Moore Memorial Scholarship in her honor.
The April Moore Memorial Scholarship is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year! The scholarship awards $1,000 to a local American Indian student. The student must be currently attending or planning to attend college or a technical, trade, or vocational school.
This scholarship is open to students in or from:
- Placer County
- Nevada County
- Sierra County
- Sacramento County
- El Dorado County
The Chapa-De Board of Directors selects a new recipient each spring. Applicants are encouraged to re-apply for each year they meet the qualifications.
To qualify, applicants must;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be American Indian/Alaskan Native; for the purpose of this scholarship, this is defined as being eligible for services at Indian Health Service (IHS) Clinics
- Plan to pursue vocational training or a college degree
- Have attended school in Placer, Nevada, Sierra, Sacramento or El Dorado Counties
- Submit all required application materials by February 28th
Application Submission Requirements
- April Moore Memorial Scholarship Application Form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official school transcript(s) – High School and Post-Secondary if applicable
- Proof of AI/AN heritage
Selection Process & Award Requirements
- Chapa-De’s Board of Directors will select at least one winning applicant each year
- Selected scholarship recipient(s) will be notified in May
- Proof of school enrollment must be submitted before receiving the scholarship funds
- An alternate scholar will be chosen if the original scholarship recipient is unable to fulfill the scholarship conditions
View the scholarship application HERE.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Aimee Sagan, Development & Communication Coordinator
For more information, call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members