Vaccination Info | Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley
Back to School Prep & Services
As the Back to School season approaches, Chapa-De wants to remind our patients of the importance of getting your child ready to go back to school. Along with making sure your child has the correct school supplies for the classroom, it is also important to make sure your child’s health information is organized and up-to-date.
Back-to-School Health Checklist
Prepare with good sleeping habits
- The long and exciting days of summer can sometimes affect your children’s bedtime routines. Having a regular bedtime, allowing for 10 hours of sleep will allow your kids to be more alert and focused in class.
Immunize your kids! Vaccination info for school:
- Be sure your child’s immunizations are up-to-date before starting the 2017-2018 school year. All 50 states require school aged children to be immunized against diseases such as measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis and chickenpox. Making sure your child is immunized is important for their safety and for the safety of other children.
Get Ready for Flu Season
- Along with making sure that your children are up to date with their vaccines, it is also important to reduce their risk of getting the flu. Be sure your family is getting the flu vaccine before October, in order to protect them from the flu, and start practicing proper hand washing now.
Prepare Emergency Medications
- It is important to organize and provide your child’s school with your child’s medical history and emergency medical contact information. Coordinate with the school nurse and your child’s physician to develop action plans for any health issues, such as asthma or food allergies.
Chapa-De also wants to remind our patients of the importance of making sure their children have the proper shoes for school as well as a backpack that is never more than 20% of the child’s weight. It is also important for children to have a good breakfast and afterschool arrangements if their parents cannot pick them up.
- Auburn Interfaith Food Closet Incorporated
- Food Bank of Nevada County
- Grass Valley United Methodist Church
- Placer Food Bank
- Contact your local school for assistance from these organizations
- Salvation Army
- United Way
- Boys and Girls Clubs
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Vaccination Info | Chapa-De Auburn Grass Valley