To Our Valued Patients and Community Members,
This is a challenging time for everyone in our community and we want you to know that Chapa-De is here for you. As always, we are focused on providing the compassionate care you have come to expect from us.
We understand that you might feel anxious about visiting our health centers due to concerns around COVID-19. We want to assure you that we are committed to your health and safety and have added the following precautions:
• Health Screening: All patients are screened for symptoms related to COVID-19 when calling to schedule an appointment. All patients, visitors and staff are also screened upon arrival at our health centers. Anyone with symptoms is isolated from waiting areas and examining rooms.
• Mandatory Face Covers: All patients, visitors and staff must wear protective face covers at our health centers.
• Increased Cleaning: We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting protocols to further protect our patients and staff.
• Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing: We are proud to provide drive-thru testing for patients who have been screened over the phone by our triage team. This means a medical provider will meet patients who need to be tested at their car outside our health center.
• Keeping our Patients Home: Only patients who require an in-person evaluation or service, or who are experiencing a dental emergency are brought into our health centers. The majority of Medical, Behavioral Health and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) visits are now provided thru video and phone visits. Most of our classes and support services are also available over the phone.
Now is not the time to put your health on hold. Please do not wait to schedule a medical, prenatal care, behavioral health or substance use disorder appointment. Especially if you have a chronic condition like diabetes, need ongoing care, or have a new concern that you’d like to discuss with your care team. Delaying care can be dangerous for your health and we have appointments available immediately.
These services are available to existing patients. We are also accepting new patients and continue to proudly serve American Indians, Alaska Natives, Medi-Cal & Medicare patients and the uninsured.
At this time, our dental and optometry departments will remain closed except for urgent and emergency dental care. We will expand these services as soon as we can safely do so. We understand delaying this care is frustrating and we appreciate your understanding. Please call us if you have any questions about your eye or dental health or if you are experiencing pain.
We want you to know that Chapa-De is here for you and that our staff is working hard to keep our community safe and educated now and always.
For more information, click here or call our Auburn or Grass Valley Health Center.
AUBURN: +1 (530) 887-2800 | GRASS VALLEY: +1 (530) 477-8545