Self-Care & Relaxation Blog
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
We want to take a moment to reinforce the importance of self-care and relaxation during these uncertain times. It is normal to feel scared or stressed during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some reasons you might feel stressed or scared can include:
- Worry about your health or the health of your loved ones
- Interruptions of daily routines
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Spending more time alone
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
Levels of stress can vary between people. You might not even realize you are stressed or scared. That is why self-care is important, even if you don’t feel stressed or worried. It is good to take care of yourself both physically and mentally.
What is Self-Care?
Self-care can look different for different people. Some people will find it relaxing to read a book or take a bath. Others may find it more relaxing to work out or cook a healthy meal. While self-care activities can vary, they are very important for everyone. Some ways to practice self-care at home can include:
- Take a break from news stories, including social media
- Meditation, yoga, or exercise
- Make time to do the activities you enjoy
- Connect with your loved ones
Need help? Know someone who does?
If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others
- Call 911
- Visit the Disaster Distress Helpline, call 1-800-985-5990, or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Visit the National Domestic Violence Hotline or call 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
How Chapa-De Can Help
We understand how this situation can be affecting people with and without underlying conditions. It can also be challenging for parents to help their children cope. At Chapa-De, we are offering telehealth appointments with our team of excellent therapists to help patients navigate their daily lives as well as the COVID-19 situation. To learn more, or schedule an appointment with a therapist, please call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2810 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley