Auburn Health Clinic | Chapa-De Indian Health
Water Safety is key to having a safe and fun Summer in the pool!
Chapa-De wants to remind its patients of the importance of water safety this summer when cooling off!
During the hot Summer months, cooling off in a lake, river or pool sounds like an easy way to relax and beat the heat. It is important to remember the importance of being safe in the water, especially when swimming with smaller children or inexperienced swimmers.
Water Safety Tips:
- Teach children about water safety and swimming skills as early as possible.
- Never use safety flotation devices as a substitute for adult supervision.
- Keep constant visual contact with children in a pool or in a pool area. If a child goes missing, check the water first; seconds really do count when preventing drowning.
- Be careful around natural bodies of water (Oceans, Rivers, Lakes). Cold temperatures, currents and underwater hazards can be dangerous!
- Educate yourself and other adults on how to properly perform CPR in case of an emergency.
If a child or an adult does fall in the pool follow these steps:
- Take the child or adult out of the water.
- Check for breathing and responsiveness.
- If the child is not breathing, begin CPR and call 9-1-1.
How to perform CPR:
If a child or adult is not breathing or responsive due to water inhalation, CALL 9-1-1 and get immediate medical attention.
Knowledge is key when it comes to water safety. Chapa-De is the Grass Valley and Auburn health clinic that cares about keeping you safe and healthy! Educating children and adults on the proper way to be safe around the pool can lead to a lifetime of healthy, safe swimmers!
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Auburn health clinic | Chapa-De