Auburn Health Clinic | Chapa-De
Protect Yourself & Your Family Against The Flu
Your Chapa-De Auburn health clinic offers simple tips for preventing the flu
Flu activity continues to increase in the United States, with widespread activity in over 35 states.
Vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed work and school, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations. If you have not gotten vaccinated yet this season, you should get vaccinated now— it’s not too late! Visit our Auburn and Grass Valley health clinic.
Healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to friends and loved ones. The following are the most important steps to help protect your family this season:
- The first and best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide key facts regarding flu vaccines at: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm
- Take everyday preventative actions to stop the spread of germs:
- Avoid close contact with sick people. If you do get sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth because germs spread this way.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Take flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
- Early treatment with antivirals can be lifesaving, especially for people at high risk for complications.
- High risk patients should contact a health care professional promptly, even if they have been vaccinated this season.
- Some people are at greater risk for complications, like young children and adults 65 years and older.
- For more information about antiviral drugs visit: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/antivirals/whatyoushould.htm
Chapa-De takes care of all your medical and pharmaceutical needs at our onsite Auburn pharmacy and Grass Valley pharmacy. Medi-cal and Medicare patients are also covered at our health clinics.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community