Dental Services & Screenings
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
Do you know how important your oral health is to your overall health? Most people don’t know that the health of their teeth and gums can affect other parts of their body. At Chapa-De, we want to make sure our patients take their oral health seriously by scheduling regular dental appointments.
How do I care for my teeth and gums?
Caring for teeth and gums is easier than you might think. It just takes a little time each day. Caring for your teeth and gums includes:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Flossing everyday
- Making sure to use mouthwash
- Limiting foods and snacks that can cause cavities like candy, sweets and other foods high in unnatural sugar
- Scheduling routine checkups with your dentist (every 6 months to a year)
What is involved in a routine dental visit?
- Teeth cleaning
- Cavity checks
- X-rays at times
- Assessing the overall health of your teeth and rule out any tooth decay or rotting
- Jaw / bite checks to make sure you bite down correctly
- Removing stains and other potentially harmful residue on your teeth
What could happen if I don’t take care of my oral hygiene?
Your mouth is the gateway to your body. Inside of your mouth lives bacteria. Most of the time the bacteria is harmless and with a good daily routine of rinsing and washing your mouth, the bacteria will not affect your body. However, if you don’t brush daily or don’t floss daily, the bacteria can create issues like:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Throat infections
- Pregnancy complications
- Click HERE to learn more about what issues could arise if you don’t care of your teeth and gums.
At Chapa-De, we offer a variety of dental services to our patients to keep their smiles healthy. These services include:
- Diagnostic Exams
- Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Dental Prophylaxis (cleaning)
- Digital X-Rays
- Restorative Care (fillings)
- Dental Appliances (crowns, bridges, dentures)
- Limited Root Canals
- Limited Oral Surgery
- Fluoride Treatments
- Orthodontia (in Auburn only)
In the event you require additional services, we will refer you to an outside dental specialist.
For more information about our Dental Services or to schedule an appointment, call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley