Flu Season Tips
Chapa-De Health Care Auburn Grass Valley
Flu Season Tips – Each year, between the months of October and May, flu season affects hundreds of thousands of Americans. Chapa-De would like to remind our patients of the importance of protecting yourself from the flu this 2017-2018 season.
Flu and Cold symptoms can be very similar and can sometimes be difficult to determine without a doctor’s help. Below are some very common flu-like symptoms that may come on suddenly.
Symptoms of the Flu
- Severe muscle and joint aches
- Extreme tiredness
- Weakness or extreme fatigue
- Warm flushed skin & watery eyes
- A headache
- A dry cough
- A sore throat and runny nose
Along with the symptoms listed above, you can also experience more severe flu symptoms. If you or a loved one are experiencing any of the symptoms below, seek immediate medical attention.
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in your chest/belly
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe Vomiting
- Fever above 104 degrees
Now that you know common symptoms of the flu, it is important to remember how to prevent yourself from catching it:
- Get an annual flu shot – it is not too late to get your free influenza (flu) vaccine at Chapa-De. These flu shots do not require an appointment and drop-ins Monday through Friday from 8:30am-11:30am or 1:30pm-4:30pm are encouraged!
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often
When you have the flu, or even just a simple cold, it is important to follow the rules above as well. Below are some tips that Chapa-De recommends when trying to ease your flu symptoms:
- Stay home a remember to get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Treat your fever with over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil)
If you are unsure if you have contracted the flu, or have questions regarding flu remedies, please call a Chapa-De Health Center. Call (530) 887-2800 for Auburn or (530) 477-8545 for Grass Valley.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley