Cold Weather Wellness
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
The winter months can be exciting, especially if you enjoy winter activities. However, cold weather can also bring low temperatures, utility failures, and icy roads which can impact our health. We want to take the time to go over a few helpful tips to help you stay well this winter, both indoors and outdoors!
Most of us spend more time inside during the winter months. Here are some steps you can take to stay well this winter:
- Make sure you are heating your home safely
- Don’t leave lit candles unattended
- Get a flu shot
- Clean surfaces with an antibacterial product to reduce the spread of germs
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often
- Drinks lots of water
Being outdoors in extreme cold temperatures and winter storms can be dangerous. If you have to travel or be outside during harsh weather, make sure you:
- Keep outdoor exposure brief
- Stay dry and dress in layers
- Always wear a seatbelt when in a car
- Listen for local travel alerts and advisories
- Have an emergency supplies kit
- Know the signs of hypothermia (learn more HERE)
- Know the signs of frostbite (learn more HERE)
For more information, please call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community
Chapa-De Indian Healthcare Auburn Grass Valley