Vaccination Info | Chapa-De Medical Center Auburn Grass Valley
Love Them. Protect Them. Immunize Them.
National Infant Immunization Week
April 22-29, 2017
At Chapa-De we believe that immunizations are a safe and effective way to protect our children and the whole community from preventable diseases. As part of National Infant Immunization Week, we are encouraging Auburn and Grass Valley families to have their children immunized by the age of 2.
A course of vaccines offers protection against 14 diseases
It is normal to have some questions about vaccines. Your Chapa-De Care Team is always here to talk with.
Here are the diseases that infant vaccines protect against:
- Hepatitis A, a contagious disease in which the liver is infected
- Hepatitis B a disease of the liver caused by the Hep B virus. In some cases, Hep B remains in the liver for life and can lead to further complications including liver cancer.
- Diphtheria – a potentially fatal condition in which the airways can become blocked, restricting breathing. Also associated with heart problems and paralysis of throat muscles needed for swallowing.
- Hib Disease (Haemophilus influenzae type b) – a serious disease which can cause meningitis and pneumonia.
- Pertussis (whooping cough) key symptoms are persistent violent coughing and choking which can last for weeks.
- Pneumococcal Disease a potentially fatal bacterial infection which can cause pneumonia.
- Polio a viral infection with possible symptoms of fever, pain, sore throat, head ache and in some cases paralysis and death.
- Influenza (flu) more commonly known as the flu, influenza can often cause severe symptoms in infants.
- Measles a very contagious disease caused by a virus whose symptoms include cough, fever and rash.
- Mumps another contagious condition caused by a virus.
- Rotavirus – key symptoms are diarrhea and vomiting which usually last between 3 to 8 days. Other possible symptoms are abdominal pain and fever.
- Rubella (German Measles) a virus with key symptoms of fever, rash and swollen glands which last for about 3 days.
- Tetanus also known as ‘lockjaw’, tetanus is a condition which affects the muscles, causing them to spasm.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – a highly contagious virus whose symptoms include rash and spots which appear on the face and body.
Helping You Make Informed Choices
We understand that you may have questions. Our knowledgeable and caring medical teams are happy to discuss them with you. Our goal at Chapa-De is to provide our patients and their families with the information and medical advice they need to make the decisions that are right for them.
Contact us today to have your family immunized in one of our health centers in Auburn and Grass Valley.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community