Medicare Clinic Grass Valley | Chapa-De Indian Health
June is National Men’s Health Month!
In support of National Men’s Health Month, Chapa-De Indian Health encourages all male patients to seek regular medical advice and early preventative treatments. Our team of healthcare professionals at our Auburn and Grass Valley health centers can help guide patients towards a healthy and proactive lifestyle through regular check-ups and preventive care measures.
What is National Men’s Health Month?
- Aims to create awareness about the importance of regular check-ups.
- Encourages men to take action by prioritizing a healthy and safe lifestyle.
What can you do to participate in Men’s Health Month?
- Get the Preventative Medical Tests that you need.
- Contact us today for more information about what tests you need!
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask for help when deciding about taking preventative measures.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Stress less and move more! Adult Males need at least 2 hours of moderate aerobic exercise a week. Spread out your workouts and focus on being a healthier version of you!
Wear Blue on Blue Friday, June 16, 2017 to support the health and well-being of boys and men.
- Use the social media hashtag #ShowUsYourBlue and visit https://www.facebook.com/menshealthnetwork/ for more information.
For more information discussing Men’s Healthy visit:
Why is Men’s Health awareness important?
- Men are more likely to lead less healthy lifestyles resulting in more health problems
- Many health conditions and diseases that Men face can be prevented or even treated if caught early enough
- 2 leading causes of male deaths: Heart disease and Cancer
- Prostate cancer is the leading cancer found in Men
- Risk Factors for Cancer:
- High fat/low fiber diet
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Physical Inactivity
- Symptoms of Prostate Cancer:
- Frequent Urination Urge
- Painful or Burning Urination
- Pain or Stiffness in the lower back, hips, pelvis or thighs
- Blood in Urine or Semen
- Diet and Lifestyle can help prevent prostate and many other cancers
Chapa-De is here for you! Call the Auburn Health Center at (530) 887-2800 or Grass Valley Health Center at (530)477-8545 to schedule an appointment .
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community