Medi-Cal Clinic Auburn | Chapa-De
Senior Health and Fitness Day is Coming Up May 31st 2017
Chapa-De Indian Health encourages all our patients to make healthy aging a priority. We work with all our patients to ensure they have the best tools and resources to lead a healthy life at any stage.
With movement, there’s improvement!
What is National Senior Health & Fitness Day?
- A nationwide health and fitness event for older adults.
- More than 100,000 older adults will participate at local events at more than 1,000 locations across the country.
- The event’s goals are to promote the importance of regular physical activity, and to showcase what local organizations are doing to improve the health and fitness of older adults in their communities.
What can you do to participate on May 31st?
- Attend senior-related health and fitness events at your local retirement communities, health clubs, senior centers, park districts, hospitals, YMCAs, and much more.
- Activities vary depending on location.
- Activities will be non-competitive and may include walking events, low-impact exercises, health screenings and health information workshops.
Chapa-De hosts annual health fairs to provide the Auburn and Grass Valley communities with free health services and screenings. This month, in addition to celebrating senior health and fitness, we are hosting our Community Health Days on May 6 in Auburn and May 20 in Grass Valley. Click here to learn more about the health services and screening available to you at these events.
We encourage all our patients, their families and friends, and all community residents to take advantage of our free events and join the movement to make aging healthy!
Be Strong, Be Fit!
Additionally, Chapa-De encourages all our patients to add activities that promote strength, balance and flexibility into your regular routine. This is especially beneficial for the health of our senior community members.
Examples of Activities:
- Yard Work
- Bike riding
- Climbing stairs
Among staying active, Chapa-De stresses the importance of preventative care to keep an eye on certain health behaviors, and to get ideas for activities that keep the body and mind healthy.
If you need help getting motivated, AARP offers great tips, visit: https://www.aarp.org/
The National Institute on Aging has great information to find an exercise program that fits your needs. Visit: https://www.nia.nih.gov/
Every little bit helps and any change you make in your daily routine to promote a healthier lifestyle is a good one! Contact your health provider in Auburn or Grass Valley to learn about what changes could benefit you the most.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community