COVID-19: The Dos and Don’ts of Post-Vaccine Activities
Chapa-De Indian Health Auburn Grass Valley | Medical Clinic
More and more people are getting vaccinated every day. The vaccine helps protect you from getting sick from COVID-19. The recommended safety measures for fully vaccinated people are different from those who are not fully vaccinated.
At Chapa-De, COVID-19 vaccine appointments are now open for all patients ages 18 and older. Certain vaccines have gained approval for use in people ages 12-17. We are working hard to make vaccine appointments available for patients in that age range. In the meantime, please use myturn.ca.gov to locate a vaccine appointment for people ages 12-17.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines at Chapa-De, visit our website HERE.
Are You Fully Vaccinated?
According to the CDC, people are deemed fully vaccinated if it is:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Please keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.
People who are fully vaccinated are still advised to take safety precautions. We encourage everyone to follow guidelines from the CDC, as well as local and state officials. This includes wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.
The CDC has said that fully vaccinated people can begin to:
- Resume activities they did before the pandemic
- Resume activities without a mask or social distancing, unless required by additional laws or rules
- Travel within the United States without a pre- or post-travel test
- Travel within the United States without quarantining after travel
- Travel outside of the United States without a pre-travel test depending on destination
- Travel outside of the United States without quarantining after travel
Throughout California and in our local communities, wearing a mask will continue to be required in many situations. According to California Health and Human Services, masks are no longer required outdoors except at crowded events when social distancing cannot be maintained. In indoor settings outside of one’s home face coverings continue to be required regardless of vaccination status. This includes public transportation and schools. Regardless of vaccination status, immunocompromised people should continue wearing masks.
All team members and patients at Chapa-De will be asked to continue wearing a mask.
Even those who are fully vaccinated should still avoid certain things. The CDC urges people to not:
- Lose cautiousness about COVID-19 safety
- Attend medium or large gatherings
- Visit indoors, without a mask, with people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19
The CDC has shared more guidelines for people who are fully vaccinated. The guidelines are subject to change as we continue to learn more about COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more HERE.
Are you interested in getting your COVID-19 vaccine? Give us a call today to schedule an appointment, or visit our website HERE.
For more information, call our Auburn location at (530) 887-2800 or our Grass Valley location at (530) 477-8545 or visit us online at chapa-de.org.
PASSIONATE PEOPLE. COMPASSIONATE CARE.
Chapa-De provides medical care, dental care, optometry, behavioral health, pharmacy services and much more.
Serving all American Indian, Low Income and Limited Income Community Members